- Forgotten PIN / PUK Codes
- My Handset is Locked
- Where can I buy a GTMobile SIM or Top-up My Balance?
- What is My GTMobile?
- Where can I find my GTMobile number?
- Can I keep / transfer my existing mobile number?
- Do calls have a connection charge?
- Are there any monthly or hidden charges?
- How do I contact someone if I have a problem?
- How can I stop receiving unwanted texts or SPAM?
- Why is there a flashing envelope on my mobile?
- Where can I buy GTMobile?
- How much does it cost to call GTMobile Customer Services?
- How do I make an international call with GTMobile?
- How do I send a text message from the UK to another country with GTMobile?
- What mobile handsets can I use with GTMobile?
- My handset seems to be locked
- I have not used my GTMobile for a while and it has now stopped working. Why is this?
- My SIM card is lost/ stolen. How do I prevent someone else from using it?
- Can I send Premium SMS and make Premium Calls Using GTMobile?
- How much does it cost to access the voicemail?
- How do i activate roaming facility using GTMobile?
- What is the Auto top-up and how does it work?
Forgotten PIN / PUK Codes
If you have activated your SIM PIN code and then enter the wrong PIN code into your GTMobile three times your SIM card will automatically lock. In this case you must enter your PUK code.
Your PUK code is displayed on the SIM card holder that came in your starter pack. Please retain it for safe keeping.
If not please call our Customer Services team on 1300 854 623 and they will be happy to help you.
My Handset is Locked
If your SIM does not work when you first enter it into your mobile, it may have a SIM lock. If you have been with your current provider for more than 1 year this lock can be removed for free, please contact your current provider directly to request the code which will allow you to remove your SIM lock.
If you have had your handset for less than one year you should ask your handset provider how much it will cost to remove the SIM lock.
Where can I buy a GTMobile SIM or Top-up My Balance?
You can purchase GTMobile SIM & Top-up vouchers at various locations.
What is My GTMobile?
My GTMobile is a way of monitoring your calls and texts online. You can join from this website and gain access to lots of useful tools. Join today and you'll earn $5 of FREE credit too. Find out more about My GTMobile.
Where can I find my GTMobile number?
Once you've inserted your new GTMobile-SIM, you can view the number by dialling *132# (or 97#). The number will also be available on the SIM packaging.
Can I keep / transfer my existing mobile number?
Of course, transferring your existing mobile number to GTMobile is easy. Just follow the simple steps below:
- Contact the customer services of your existing provider, tell them you wish to change provider and ask them for your PAC code, check with them that there is no charge for this.
- Once you receive your PAC code call GTMobile customer services and one of our customer representatives will help you start the transfer process.
- As soon as your number is live with GTMobile we will send you a text to let you know. In the mean time you can still use your GTMobile with the number that was originally provided.
Please note: GTMobile has porting arrangements established with the majority of UK mobile network providers. Please ask a customer service representative which networks are enabled for porting when you call.
Do calls have a connection charge?
For most of our calls there is no connection charge – however for our GTMobile Plus to GTMobile Plus calls there is a connection charge of 19c.
Are there any monthly or hidden charges?
How do I contact someone if I have a problem?
Visit the Contact GTMobile page for full details of the various ways you can get in touch with us, or simply call 122 from your GTMobile or 1300 854 623 from another phone.
How can I stop receiving unwanted texts or SPAM?
When you receive a text from a company you have not given your number to, this is called SPAM. Unfortunately, GTMobile is unable to prevent you from receiving these unwanted messages, unless you want to ban all text messaging. These companies have sophisticated ways of obtaining mobile phone numbers. One way to avoid SPAM is to be careful about what sites you give your mobile number to.
Why is there a flashing envelope on my mobile?
The flashing envelope indicates your text memory is full. This will usually prevent you from receiving more text messages until you have deleted a few old ones. You can delete messages from the Inbox, Sent or Draft folders to free-up some storage space. The number of messages you can store will vary from one handset to another.
Where can I buy GTMobile?
GTMobile SIM cards and top-up vouchers are available from many shops throughout the Australia. Please use our online store locator to find the closest shop to you.
How much does it cost to call GTMobile Customer Services?
Calling customer services at 122 & 1300 854 623 from your GTMobile is free of cost. Calls to1300 854 623 from any other network are charged at your service provider's standard national rate.
How do I make an international call with GTMobile?
When it comes to making international calls, GTMobile works in the same way as other mobiles or fixed line phones. Simply dial the number you need: 00 followed by your country code, then your area code and then the phone number and press the dialler button. Instead of a 00 you can also use a "+".
Please note that most premium voice and text services in other countries can not be reached from a mobile phone service when calling from outside that country.
How do I send a text message from Australia to another country with GTMobile
GTMobile works in the same way as other mobiles when it comes to sending international text messages. Simply text 00 followed by your country code, then your area code and then the phone number and press the dialler button. Instead of a 00 you can also use a "+".
What mobile handsets can I use with GTMobile?
The handset needs to be compatible with the internationally recognised GSM standards, adopted by all the major handset manufacturers. There are no other restrictions on the type of handset you can use with GTMobile. Please call our customer services team on 1300 854 607 if you are unsure about your handset.
My handset seems to be locked
If your mobile phone screen shows any of the following when you first put your GTMobile SIM in your phone: 'blocked', 'barred', 'incorrect SIM' or 'SP lock', your mobile may be locked to another network. There are a number of ways to unlock your phone - just call our customer services team on 1300 854 623 for expert advice.
I have not used my GTMobile for a while and it has now stopped working. Why is this?
We automatically deactivate SIM cards if you do not use them to make a call or send a text for more than 80 days. Unfortunately these SIM cards cannot be reconnected and the mobile number also stops being available for you to use after this time.
My SIM card is lost/ stolen. How do I prevent someone else from using it?
Please contact customer services on 1300 854 623 as quickly as possible and one of our advisors will help you.
Can I send Premium SMS and make Premium Calls Using GTMobile?
No we do not offer Premium SMS or Premium Calling as part of our product offering.
How much does it cost to access the voicemail?
Your GTMobile Voicemail service has been automatically activated.
To access your voicemail from your GTMobile in Australia dial 121. Calls to access the voicemail are absolutely free..
How do i activate roaming facility using GTMobile?
Roaming services are automated and they should work as soon as you travel abroad. In case, you are unable to access the same, kindly restart your phone and you should be able to use the services without any problem.
What is the Auto top-up and how does it work?
- You can use your debit / credit card to automatically top your account up.
- This means that when your account reaches a certain level - we will automatically top up your account with a pre agreed amount of money from your registered credit/debit card.
- This saves you the problem of having to remember to top up and means that you never run out of credit or experience any unnecessary inconvenience.